5 reasons why it is necessary to eat fruit and vegetables
Fruit and vegetables are an essential part of our diet, however, many people do not consume enough of them. In this article, we will discuss why we need to eat fruits and vegetables every day and what benefits they have on our bodies.
First, fruits and vegetables are an excellent source of vitamins and minerals. They contain a wide range of vitamins such as C, A, K, E, and B vitamins, etc. They are also rich in minerals such as iron, calcium, magnesium, and many others. Fruits and vegetables are also a good source of fibre and water, which are necessary for proper body functioning.
Secondly, fruits and vegetables can help maintain a healthy weight and improve the digestive system. Due to their high fibre content, they provide a feeling of satiety and help reduce appetite, which is important for maintaining a healthy weight. In addition, fibre helps to regulate digestion and stool consistency, which is important for a healthy digestive system.
Thirdly, fruits and vegetables are particularly good for our cardiovascular system. They are rich in antioxidants, which help to fight the effects of free radicals on the body and thus protect against cardiovascular disease. They are also rich in potassium, which helps to control blood pressure.
Fourth, fruits and vegetables help to maintain good mental health. They are an excellent source of serotonin, which is important for good mood and stress reduction. They are also rich in folic acid, which can improve our brain function.
And finally, fruits and vegetables help to maintain beautiful skin and hair, thanks to their high antioxidant levels.
Essential rules to keep fruit and vegetables fresh longer
To keep fruit, vegetables, and berries fresh for longer, there are a few simple rules to follow:
1. Store fresh products in the fridge. Many fruits, vegetables, and berries keep their freshness longer if they are stored in the fridge. However, it is important to note that some products, such as bananas or avocados, can spoil other foods, so it is better to keep them separate.
2. Do not wash products unless you intend to eat them immediately. It is better to wash fruit, vegetables, and berries only just before eating, as water can speed up the spoiling process.
3. Store produce on dry napkins in the fridge drawers. This will help absorb excess moisture and keep the product dry.
4. Avoid storing too many products in one drawer. Too many fruits, vegetables, and berries in one drawer can rub together and result in quicker spoiling.
5. Store fruit, vegetables, and berries at the same temperature at which they were stored before purchase. For example, if before buying, the fruit was stored at room temperature, do not put them in the fridge when you bring them home, but continue to store them at a similar temperature.